We are a national legal “think tank” created by trial attorneys in 1956 to honor the life and work of Roscoe Pound, one of America’s great legal scholars and educators. Our programs and publications give a balanced view of issues affecting the U.S. civil justice system.
- Register for the May 1, 2017 Jury Trial and Remedy Guarantee Academic Symposium in Portland, OR for judges, academics, lawyers and students.
- Who Will Write Your Rules—Your State Court, or the Federal Judiciary?” The report of Pound’s 24th Annual Forum for State Appellate Court Judges is now available. Details on the Judges Forum page.
- STATE APPELLATE JUDGES: Save your spot at the 2017 Judges Forum, July 22, 2017 in Boston. Details at the Judges Forum page.
- Pound's Academic Symposium, The Demise of the Grand Bargain: Compensating Injured Workers in the 21st Century, was held on September 23, 2016 at Rutgers/Camden. Video, papers, PowerPoints and more information here.
- Emory Law Journal recently released Vol 65, No. 6, containing the academic research papers from the October 2015 Pound/Emory Symposium, The "War" on the U.S. Civil Justice System.
- View Pound's 2016 Annual Report to see what we accomplished last year.
- The application process is now closed for the Roscoe Pound Summer Fellowship.
- ATTORNEYS: Become a Pound Fellow to help preserve the civil justice system by working with judges, legal academics and practitioners.
- POUND FELLOWS: Upgrade your member level or make your dues contribution online.
- Make your tax-deductible Judges Forum contribution online.
- JUDICIAL & ACADEMIC MAILING LIST: Sign up to receive notices of free educational programs and scholarly publications offered by the Institute.
Updated March 9, 2017