We are a national legal “think tank” created by trial attorneys in 1956 to honor the life and work of Roscoe Pound, one of America’s great legal scholars and educators. Our programs and publications give a balanced view of issues affecting the U.S. civil justice system.
- RSVP by July 2 for the Pound Fellows Reception, July 8, 2018, 6:00-7:30 pm in Denver. Reception details here.
- We anticipate a wonderful Judges Forum, State Court Protection of Individual Constitutional Rights, on July 7, 2018 in Denver.
- The Pound Institute has awarded its 2018 Appellate Advocacy Award to the team of Leslie Brueckner and Ben Siminou. Details on the Award's page.
- The Institute introduces a new award to recognize the work of legal academics: the Civil Justice Scholarship Award has a nomination deadline of September 17, 2018.
- Jurisdiction: Defining State Courts' Authority reports on Pound's 2017 Forum for State Appellate Court Judges. Complimentary copies for judges, academics, courts and Pound Fellows can be request here.
- Pound Highlights details the work we've accomplished in 2017.
- The application process is currently closed for the Roscoe Pound Summer Fellowship.
- ATTORNEYS: Become a Pound Fellow to help preserve the civil justice system by working with judges, legal academics and practitioners.
- POUND FELLOWS: Make your dues contribution or upgrade your membership.
- Make your tax-deductible Judges Forum contribution.
- JUDICIAL & ACADEMIC MAILING LIST: Sign up to receive notices of free educational programs and scholarly publications offered by the Institute.
Updated June 14, 2018